Industry Roundup: Recent Acquisitions, New Services and Enhanced Websites
• Abacus Engineered Systems, Seattle, a provider of facility engineering and energy solutions in the Pacific Northwest, has been acquired by Schneider Electric , and is now part of the Energy Solutions division of TAC, a Schneider-owned building automation, security systems and energy solutions vendor. In other news from Schneider, its Power Measurement division will operate as the Power Monitoring and Control (PMC) group under the Schneider name.
• Air Movement and Control Association International (AMCA) , Arlington Heights, Ill., has recently installed an additional testing facility for ANSI/AMCA Standard 230-99, Laboratory Methods of Testing Air Circulator Fans for Rating.
• C&M Corporation, Wauregan, Conn., a cable, cable assemblies and coil cords manufacturer, has launched a comprehensive new web site at www.cmcorporation.com .
• Charlotte Pipe and Foundry, Charlotte, N.C., has formed a new technical services department to provide education and technical support to engineers and contractors on the application and installation of all the company’s pipe products.• Emerson Climate Technologies, St. Louis, has acquired U.K.-based Oaksmere Refrigeration Design and Consultancy Ltd., a provider of design expertise, project management and maintenance management for the supermarket retail industry.
• Federal-Mogul Systems Protection Group, Exton, Pa., has formed an Innovative Technology Solutions Group. The ITS Group will leverage its product development efforts in the electronic, thermal, appliance and telecommunications industries, including electromagnetic interference and heat/acoustic management.
• Technical Consumer Products, Aurora, Ohio, has received accreditation from the Underwriter’s Laboratory for a UL testing facility at its corporate headquarters. The on-site lab will shorten the certification process for the company’s products.
• Toshiba America Information Systems, Irvine, Calif., has started an International Access Program that expands its Internet access service footprint to more than 54,000 locations and dial-up numbers in more than 110 countries outside the United States, including 40 international WiFi providers.
• Universal Lighting, Nashville, has launched an e-Learning Center , users can sign up for any number of educational modules free of charge and then learn at their own pace at www.universalballast.com .
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.