Industry Roundup: Spectronics is 50; Fluke Acquires LEM
• Spectronics Corporation is celebrating its 50thAnniversary this year. The company invented fluorescent leak detection in 1955 and is a manufacturer of UV inspection lamps and fluorescent dyes used to locate leaks in all size air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
• Fluke Corporation , Everett Washington, announced that it has acquired LEM Instruments , a division of LEM Group . Fluke manufactures, distributes and services handheld test and measurement tools. LEM Instruments is a European manufacturer of test and measurement equipment for electrical parameters.
• Honeywell and HID Corporation have signed an agreement that expands their partnership to provide access control card and reader products to the security industry. As part of the agreement, HID will supply Honeywell with contactless access-control card and reader products. Honeywell will develop new products based on HID’s iCLASS technology to offer enhanced security through encryption, mutual authentication and easier biometric implementation.
• Schneider Electric has extended authorization to sell Telemecanique automation products, including Modicon PLCs , to its entire 1500-plus Square D distributor channel. The move is meant to assure easier access and technical support to customers in applications such as telecommunications, building automation, transportation and logistics, as well as commercial and consumer applications.
• Stanley Security Solutions, Inc. , announced that it has been awarded a contract to develop and install a perimeter intrusion detection system at the Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority . The project includes the enhancement of security for approximately 34,000 ft. of the existing Memphis Airport security fence line.