Infor touts record growth in Latin America
Despite the global economic recession, Infor has seen tremendous growth in Latin America with a 100 percent increase in license revenue this fiscal year compared to last.
Infor announced that it completed the strongest fiscal year in the company's history in Latin America, with license revenue increasing more than 100 percent compared to the previous fiscal year.
"As the requirements of larger Latin American mature enterprises grow and the needs of the mid-market here evolve, these companies are making investments in technology to operate more efficiently, enhance customer service and be more competitive in a global market," said Robert Faricy, senior vice president, Latin America, Infor, in a Sept. 9 announcement. "Infor's ability to deliver technology that enables this competitive edge with faster implementations, lower operating costs and less disruption to operations is a key factor behind our record growth in Latin America."
Infor helps fast-growing Latin America-based companies improve their core business software in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and through complementary applications such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Financial Management, Performance Management (PM), and Supply Chain Management (SCM).
Several customers who have selected or implemented Infor's solutions in Latin America include:
- CASAS BAHIA, one of the main non food retailers with more than 500 stores in Brazil uses Infor ERP LN and Infor SCM Warehouse Management to enhance its operation;
- BRADESCO, leading financial entity in Brazil uses Infor CRM to manage marketing and sales operations for better customer relationship;
- HSBC Mexico, one of Latin America's largest financial services companies, uses Infor CRM;
- EXOLOGISTICA, a logistics services provider in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay, who uses Infor SCM Warehouse Management;
- VTR , telecommunications company in Chile uses Infor EAM to enhance maintenance an operation processes
- BCP (Banco Credito Perú), the main Bank in Peru, has selected Infor CRM as its integral platform to manage customer relations.
Infor has four direct offices in Latin America - Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Mexico - with more than 200 direct employees. In addition, Infor has a strong and growing network of channel partners throughout the region that has also realized significant growth (60 percent in the South Cone and 30 percent in Brazil). Channel partners comprise approximately 25 percent of Infor's Latin American license sales.
"Inforents to grow our channel presence and enable our network of channel partners to provide superior customer service and support to our respective customers throughout Latin America."
Also read from MBT: .
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, electronic products editor, MBT, www.mbtmag.com
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.