Intelligent transmitter for electrochemical sensors
Invensys Operations Management's Foxboro 876CR is used for hazardous electrical areas in challenging industrial environments. The 876CR is designed for rapid customization for enhanced flexibility.
Invensys Operations Management has released a two-wire loop-powered intelligent transmitter, the Foxboro 876CR, that provides measurement, local display and transmission of contacting conductivity, resistivity or concentration when used with appropriate electrochemical sensors.
The Foxboro Model 876CR offers easy configurability, a rugged field-mounted enclosure for the most challenging industrial environments and agency certifications for hazardous electrical areas. The result is long service life, quick and easy application set changes and savings in both material and labor costs. HART communications and a time-saving HART Device Type Manager integrates with the plant asset management strategies, and the transmitter outputs a HART digital signal and a 4 to 20 mA analog output.
- Can be rapidly customized to specific application requirements, including conductivity, resistivity and concentration. One basic transmitter handles all applications, simplifying inventory;
- Up to two unique configuration profiles can be saved, facilitating a quick and easy change, reducing operator time and costs;
- Can be preconfigured for up to three different applications, each with its own display format, temperature compensation curve, chemical concentration curve (if applicable) and output configuration;
- Easy switching of applications saves significant time;
- Applications can be auto-switched via user-programmable switch limits without the need to recalibrate the system for the new range, saving savings for operators and eliminating errors.
Invensys Operations Management
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu