Manufacturers seek supply chain sustainability, carbon use reductions
Transplace: Efficient strategies help customers and suppliers establish sustainable operations practices.
Transplace, a provider of transportation management services and logistics technology solutions, helps manufacturers with sustainability efforts by improving operational efficiency, driving waste out of the supply chain, and enabling customers by helping them establish sustainable operations. The third-party logistics (3PL) provider helps reduce the number of trucks on the road and uses optimization strategies such as efficient routing and consolidation of shipments into multi-stop truckloads. Such efforts decreased fuel costs, empty miles, and emissions, and delivers efficiencies across the supply chain.
SmartWay award winners
- Sunny Delight Beverages Company (SDBC): Ellen Iobst, chief sustainability officer and senior vice president, manufacturing and technology for SDBC says, "Sunny Delight Beverages Co. is committed to reducing the carbon footprint of its transportation operations. Transplace has played a key role helping us meet our sustainability goals as well as becoming a [U.S. EPA] SmartWay Transport Partner. In part, with the efforts of its new business unit, Transplace will assist our supplier base as we work together to further improve our sustainable operations and reduce our environmental impact."
- A provider of transportation and logistics information and services, eyefortransport, honored Transplace with its award for Top 3PL in the Sustainability category. "The eyefortransport 3PL Awards are voted on by 3PL customers - the manufacturers and retailers who in large part depend on their 3PLs to help green their supply chains," said Katharine O'Reilly, vice president of research for eyefortransport
- Participation in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partnership: SmartWay recently honored Transplace with an Environmental Excellence Award for the second year in a row. This collaborative program developed by the EPA and the United States freight industry provides tools and information for companies to reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution, and promote cleaner, more efficient surface freight transportation systems.
"Transplace understands the importance of a sustainable supply chain and is working hard to be environmentally responsible within our own operations as well as promoting those practices to our customers," said Tom Sanderson, chairman and CEO of Transplace. "Partnering with SmartWay helps equip Transplace with the toolkit needed to assist our customers in making smart business decisions that will have a positive effect on both their company and the environment."
- 80 percent of Transplace alliance carriers are SmartWay Transport Partners. In addition, Transplace has assisted a number of shippers in receiving their SmartWay certification, including USG Corporation, which also received a SmartWay Environmental Excellence Award.
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, electronic products editor, Manufacturing Business Technology , MBT www.mbtmag.com
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.