Manufacturing software gets extended security, other functionality
Alere Manufacturing, a manufacturing resource planning (MRP) solution, improves sales order planning, security and more in v9.4 of Alere Manufacturing software. It also is said to provide greater control to businesses with multiple users operating within a multi-company environment.
TIW Technology announces v9.4 of Alere Manufacturing software. Among its many new features, the software includes a new company-based login security system designed to provide greater control to businesses with multiple users operating within a multi-company environment.
Alere Manufacturing software comprises eight modules: Manager, Order, Route, Machine, Schedule, BOM, Plan, and Cost. It interfaces with Alere Accounting software to produce a single-source enterprise resource planning (ERP solution). The new security feature enables the system administrator to determine the individual screens, reports and functions to which a given user will have access. Once these protocols are established, that user’s access is limited to only those companies for which they are authorized, as shown on their company menu. Other enhancements include:
- Label generation - Print standard 2” x 4” labels (Avery, Staples, etc.) on an ink-jet or laser printer without leaving Alere Manufacturing and going to another program.
- View schedule - Graphical schedule display gives option to show work center usage on a weekly, daily or hourly basis, and drill down to the specific work order involved.
- Update work orders – Material list on a work order can be updated after a bill of materials has been changed. All the orders that are affected by the bill change may be individually selected for updating.
- Sales order planning – Users can run Plan on a specific sales order for the purchased and manufactured items on that order. Then, from a list of recommended purchase and work orders, generate all required orders for the components on the sales order line items.
Alere Manufacturing is a comprehensive manufacturing resource planning (MRP) solution that lets users graphically create multilevel modular/variable bills of material, optimize available shop floor capacity via a 3D graphical analysis, streamline workflow with mass release and completion of work order functions, and monitor labor, material and machine costs and usage. The software is also fully compatible with 64-bit operating systems.
- Also see:
- Edited by Renee R. Bassett for Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.