M/E Insider: AKA Announces Multiple Promotions; Dewberry Appoints Two VPs
• Howard R. Green Company has appointed Dawn Horner group leader of the water business unit in its St. Paul office. Horner has previously served as a project manager and chief technical advisor. She is a registered P.E. in Minnesota and Iowa.
• Raymond Holdener, P.E. , a senior associate with Dewberry affiliate TOLK, Inc. , Fairfax, Va., has been named vice president. Holdener has been with the firm for more than 20 years, and has extensive experience in the design and project management of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire/life-safety systems. Rick Ritner, P.E. , a mechanical engineer with TOLK, has also been named vice president. Ritner has more than 25 years’ experience as a professional engineer and contractor.
• The board of directors of Albert Kahn Associates, Inc. , Detroit, is pleased to announce that the following AKA staff members have been elected to the status of senior associate/stockholder: Phillip Allen, P.E., LEED AP ; Michael Giovanni, AIA ; Kenneth Herbart, AIA ; Scott Heywood, AIA, NCARB ; Michael Lauhoff, RPA , FMA , director of facility management services; Athanasios Papademos, P.E. , technical director of electrical engineering; Jacqueline Royer, AIA, NCARB , manager of health-care planning; Christine Trupiano, ASID, manager of interior design services ; Michael West, AICP , principal; Stephen White, ASLA, OALA, CSLA, LEED AP , manager of landscape Architecture; and Andre Zoldan , director of advanced design technologies.
• Trauner Consulting Services, Inc. announced today that Glenn Cheek has been hired as manager of business development and will be responsible for leading the firm in securing new business opportunities throughout the western United States from the firm’s San Diego office.
• John Wimer , a veteran of the corporate world who has been a major planner for the National Center for Energy Management and Building Technologies (NCEMBT) since its inception, today was named manager of corporate outreach for the organization.