Merger completion creates new power company
GE Power & Water and Alstom Power have combined to form GE Power, which will be based in Schenectady, New York, and led by Steve Bolze.
GE (NYSE: GE) announced that with the completion of its Alstom acquisition, GE Power & Water and Alstom Power have combined to form GE Power. Headquartered in Schenectady, New York, Steve Bolze will serve as president and CEO of GE Power, which consists of more than 65,000 employees in over 150 countries with an estimated revenue of $30 billion per year. GE Power has a
diverse portfolio of technologies and suite of services designed to make power more affordable, reliable and sustainable.
GE Power consists of six business, shown below:
- Power Services, headquartered in Baden, Switzerland.
- Gas Power Systems, headquartered in Schenectady.
- Steam Power Systems, headquartered in Baden, Switzerland.
- Distributed Power, headquartered in Jenbach, Austria.
- GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy, headquartered in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Water & Process Technologies, headquartered in Trevose, Pennsylvania.
General Electric (GE)
- Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering energy and power stories.