Merger fallout: Oracle grabs Sun, now what?
Expert opinions vary on exactly how Oracle's acquisiton of Sun will impact the tech industry. But it’s clear the deal has the potential to create major reshuffling among top-tier technology vendors.
coming barely a week after IBM pulled out of negotiations that appeared to be leading to its purchase of Sun.
So what does this deal mean to the future of the industry? Expert opinions vary, but it’s clear this deal has the potential to create major reshuffling among top-tier technology vendors. It may even inspire a few more mergers and acquisitions. Follow the links the below to hear what industry analysts are saying about this deal, starting with a take from Bruce Richardson , chief research officer at AMR Research.
Other opinions of the Oracle-Sun merger:
• Oracle deals signals major shift for IT industry
• Oracle finally gets is database appliance
• Sun Oracle—“Snorkel” stretches limits of credulity
• Do the red corpuscles get a new chance at Oracle?
- Sidney Hill, Jr., executive editor -- Manufacturing Business Technology