Modular, managed industrial Ethernet switches
Control Engineering International: Industrial Ethernet switches that are modular and managed include the following, according to a Control Engineering China March 2012 article.
According to a Control Engineering China March 2012 article, the following are modular, managed industrial Ethernet switches.
• Schneider Industry Ethernet Switch ConneXium series, such as TCSESM 163F2CU0
• Advantech EKI-7659CI 8+2G Combo Port Gigabit Managed Industrial Ethernet Switch: EKI-7659C/CI support 8 Fast Ethernet ports and 2 Gigabit combo ports. To create reliability in your network, the EKI-7659C comes equipped with a proprietary redundant network protocol—X-Ring that was developed by Advantech, which provides users with an easy way to establish a redundant Ethernet network with ultra-high-speed recovery time less than 10 ms. Furthermore, EKI-7659C also supports many advanced network standards to optimize network performance, ease maintenance issues, and secure network safety.
• Rockwell Stratix 8300 Layer 3 Modular Managed Ethernet Switches
• MOXA EDS-611/619 Series: 8+3G/16+3G-port compact modular managed Ethernet Switches. When used with the new MOXA 1-port fast Ethernet SFP modules SFP-1FE Series, they can meet the needs of fiber-level applications.
• Belden Hirschmann Open Rail Series
• Henrich HES10M-2G / HES18M-2G Series
• InHand DIN-rail mount ISM 3019D Managed Gigabit Ethernet Switch
• Mexontec Coal-specific 4 Light 4 power Switch Industrial Ethernet Fiber-Optic Switch MIE-5408 Series
• Stratix 8300 is an Industrial Ethernet switch jointly launched by Cisco and Rockwell Automation. It uses the current Cisco Catalyst switch architecture and feature set along with powerful configuration tools, helping to provide secure integration with the enterprise network using tools familiar to IT professionals. At the same time, the switches provide easy setup and diagnostics from within the Rockwell Automation Integration Architecture using tools familiar to manufacturing professionals.
See also, “Industrial Ethernet switches: trends, applications,” linked below.
-Control Engineering China March 2012 article edited by Mark T. Hoske, content manager CFE Media, Control Engineering, Plant Engineering, and Consulting-Specifying Engineer, mhoske(at)cfemedia.com.
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.