Monitoring system for transformers
The Intellix BMT 300 by GE is a bushing monitoring system designed to help improve power reliability at utilities, industrial metals businesses and petrochemical companies.
GE introduced the Intellix BMT 300, a bushing monitoring system for transformers that can detect and diagnose problems before they occur, helping improve power reliability at utilities, industrial metals businesses and petrochemical companies. It is available stand-alone or as a comprehensive solution integrated with GE’s Kelman Transfix DGA analyzer and Perception software for an in-depth view of transformer health.
The BMT 300 provides features:
- Continuous monitoring for early detection of possible problems.
- Partial Discharge (PD) activity correlation for faster identification of potential arcing faults.
- Condition-based maintenance resulting in reduced downtime, less site visits and lowered maintenance costs.
- Seamless integration with GE’s Kelman Transfix DGA analyzer and Perception software for a comprehensive, in-depth view of the entire transformer health.
In addition to increasing reliability for power utilities, the Intellix BMT 300 also supports numerous applications for several industries around the globe. For industrial metals companies, the Intellix BMT 300 can monitor bushing conditions to avoid unplanned production stoppages or partial discharge on over-stressed assets in aluminum or steel plants. For petrochemical companies, the Intellix BMT 300 can detect developing arcing faults with transformers in flammable environments and monitor bushing health to avoid significant failures.
General Electric (GE)
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners