New proximity sensors designed for manufacturing
Manufacturers of proximity sensors are among those showing new products at the Design & Manufacturing Midwest show, Sept. 22-24, in Rosemont, IL, including Balluff, Banner Engineering, Carlo Gavazzi, and Turck, among others. See related proximity sensor tutorial videos.
Manufacturers of proximity sensors are among those showing new products at the Design & Manufacturing Midwest show , Sept. 22-24, in Rosemont, IL. Sensor manufacturers include Balluff, Banner Engineering, Carlo Gavazzi, and Turck, among others.
Trends in new sensor designs aim to make sensors easier to use, lower cost, and more adaptable to various applications, which can decrease the number of sensor models required in the stockroom.
- Balluff UltraFrame thru-beam sensors : Said to be the latest in self-contained thru-beam sensor technology, these sensors are designed to solve problems many other sensors cannot; installation is easier because of the fixed design, eliminating the need for complex mounting hardware - Booth 921. A Control Engineering proximity sensor video demonstrates Balluff UltraFrame Self-Contained Thru-Beam Sensors .
- Banner Engineering World-Beam QS30 Clear Object Sensors are robust, easy-to-use, providing reliable clear object detection to solve challenging applications by using an advanced optical design to allow the sensor to see translucent materials, company says - Booth 1000. Banner Engineering talks about the World-Beam proximity sensor family, in a Control Engineering tutorial video .
Carlo Gavazzi photoelectric
- Carlo Gavazzi launches PD112 long range diffuse photoelectric sensor : Background suppression allows these PD112 sensors to detect black objects at distances up to 2 meters and white and gray objects at up to 2.5 m - Booth 1102. Learn about Carlo Gavazzi capacitive sensors in a Control Engineering video .
- Turck Q10S Factor 1 inductive sensor has 5 mm range, compact size: Turck uprox+ line of advanced factor 1 sensors has expanded to include the Q10S sensor.
The 10 x 10 x 28 mm inductive sensor has an active side face thatdetects all metals-including aluminum, copper and steel-at the samerated distance without reinstallation - Booth 615. See the related video about the Turck inductive sensors .
- Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering www.controleng.com
Read more on the Control Engineering sensors channel .
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu