Omega Engineering DIN rail thermocouple terminal blocks have audit capable female connector
Omega Engineering DRTB Series thermocouple terminal blocks are manufactured with thermocouple alloys to guarantee accurate readings, the company says. A built-in SMP compatible female receptacle accepts a miniature thermocouple connector.
Omega Engineering DRTB Series thermocouple terminal blocks are manufactured with thermocouple alloys to guarantee accurate readings, the company says. A built-in SMP compatible female receptacle accepts a miniature thermocouple connector. The female connector allows the user to connect to a handheld meter for applications, such as data collection, quality assurance compliance, capability studies and troubleshooting installation or repairs.
The plastic housing is made from gray polyamide 6.6 thermoplastic resin with a UL 94 V 0 rating for 85 °C. These thermocouple terminal blocks are fully enclosed and require no end plates, says Omega Engineering. Screws and clamps are zinc plated and provide an excellent vibration, maintenance free and corrosion resistant connection, the company says.
DRTB terminal blocks mount on standard 35 mm DIN rails or 32 mm G-type rails, and are identified with calibration type and positive (+) and negative (-) connections. Wire entry is funneled to allow quick wire insertion even with stranded wire.
In summary, Omega says that the DRTB-K has:
- $8 price (as of July 19, 2010);
- Screw type terminal for secure and maintenance free connections;
- Type K, J, T, E, N, R/S and U calibrations;
- Built in miniature female thermocouple connector for auditing and troubleshooting;
- Enclosed design so no end plates are required;
- DIN rail mountable construction with narrow 10.7 mm width;
- Calibration and "+, -" connection identifications; and
- Write-on window included.
Learn more about Omega Engineering DRTB Series thermocouple terminal blocks.
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners