Programming software reduces engineering, speeds commissioning
At the 2013 Hannover Messe, Siemens showed its Simatic Step 7 Professional V12 programming software. The engineering software aims to shorten time to market.
At the 2013 Hannover Messe, Siemens showed its Simatic Step 7 Professional V12 programming software. The company said its “most comprehensive engineering software shortens time to market.” Siemens Step 7 Professional is “the ultimate engineering tool for configuration and programming for all Simatic controllers,” the company said. Simatic WinCC Basic also is included for simple visualization tasks with Simatic Basic Panels. Step 7 V12 software, serving every phase of the production life cycle, enables:
- Reduced engineering times thanks to innovative programming language innovations, integrated functions and graphical configuration
- Fast commissioning with efficient error localization with integrated system diagnostics, real-time trace and high-performance online functions
- Short downtimes with easy remote maintenance and diagnostics with Web server and teleservice
- Investment security with reusable components, libraries, and compatibility.
With intuitive and efficient features, Siemens Step 7 V12 connect to the Siemens Totally Integrated Automation Portal offering programming transparency, intelligent user navigation, and straightforward workflows with functions such as drag and drop, copy and paste, and AutoCompletion to make work much quicker and easier, the company said.
It has IEC-661131-3 programming languages, powerful editors, and high-performance compilers with structured text (SCL), ladder diagram (LAD), function block diagram (FBD), statement list (STL), programming sequence controls (GRAPH).
Option packages S7-SCL, S7-GRAPH, S7-PLCSim, system documentation, and TeleService family from Step 7 V5.5 are already integrated in Step 7 Professional V12 and do not require additional licenses. Holders of the software update service Step 7 Professional receive Simatic Step 7 Professional V12 automatically.
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, content manager, CFE Media, Control Engineering, and Plant Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners