Robot designed for health care facilities
The RoboCourier by Adept Technology is designed to deliver payloads of 50 lb for hospitals and health care facilities safely, increasing workplace efficiency.
The RoboCourier by Adept Technology Inc. (Nasdaq:ADEP), is designed for use in hospitals, clinical laboratories and pharmacies for the transport of specimens, medications and supplies. The RoboCourier fits well into Lean process and quality improvements with features like reduced time spent walking, improved flow and minimized distractions, thus allowing staff to focus on patient-care tasks. Ultimately, RoboCourier helps hospitals reduce operational costs by increasing efficiency, improving workflow, and maximizing operational capacity.
Other features include:
- Delivers payloads up to 50 lb
- Maps the operating environment-navigating hallways, and can activate automatic doors
- Performs both scheduled and on-demand deliveries
- A run-time of 11 hours per day
- Automatically returns to charging dock when not in use
Adept Technology Inc.
- See more from Control Engineering about robotics.