Robotics group elects board of directors
The Robotics Industries Association (RIA) elected Stu Shepherd, the CEO - Americas, KUKA Robot Group, as the chairperson during the Robotics Industry Forum.
The 2014 RIA Board of Directors election results were announced today during the Robotics Industry Forum in Orlando, Fla. Stu Shepherd, CEO - Americas, KUKA Robot Group, was elected as the new chairperson. Joining Shepherd on the RIA Executive Committee includes:
- Past Chair Catherine Morris, ATI Industrial Automation;
- First Vice Chair Joe Gemma, Staubli Robotics;
- Second Vice Chair Mike Jacobs, Applied Manufacturing Technologies;
- Secretary Curtis Richardson, Spirit Aerosystems; and
- RIA President Jeff Burnstein.
Chair of the RIA board, Shepherd, said, “For the past 40 years, RIA has made outstanding contributions to the betterment of the robotics industry. I, along with my dedicated board colleagues, look forward to continuing that tradition of service to the industry. It’s an exciting time for robotics as innovative technologies have allowed for growth of automation into new industries in North America and abroad.”
Brian Behm from PaR Systems Inc. joins the board for his first two-year term while John Bubnikovich from ABB Inc.; Mick Estes, Fanuc America Corp.; and Kirk Goins, Comau Robotics were re-elected to two-year terms.
The remaining Board members for 2014 include:
- Henrik Christensen, Georgia Institute of Technology;
- John Clark, Epson America;
- Tim DeRosett, Yaskawa Motoman;
- Dean Elkins, Yaskawa Motoman;
- Joyce Guthrie, USPS;
- Charles Keibler, Genesis Systems Group;
- Dana Komin, General Motors;
- Mark Lewandowski, Procter & Gamble;
- Scot Lindemann, JR Automation;
- Steve Rock, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; and
- Pete Squires, Schneider Packaging Equipment.
Robotics Industries Association (RIA)
- Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering robotics stories.