Safety, sustainable services tour from GE Energy
Energy saving and safety-enhanced equipment and services are on traveling on GE Energy's "2011: An Electric Odyssey" tour, May-October, 2011.
A new mobile array of energy saving and safety-enhanced equipment and services have hit the streets across America and Canada, in Plainville and Hartford, Conn. The tour, “2011: An Electric Odyssey,” began on May 2, 2011, and will be transported and presented by GE Energy Industrial Solutions’ team of technical experts.
“We have been working on the common challenges facing our customers across various industries,” says Brian Anulies, Strategic Marketing Manager. “With shrinking operational budgets, smaller maintenance crews, and younger, and less experienced engineering teams, our customers are hungry for new ideas but increasingly struggle to meet us at the old tradeshow venues. This cuts across almost all industries, including oil and gas, mining and metals, pulp and paper, utilities and chemicals."
GE said companies are cutting traveling budgets and, with fewer people to manage 24/7 operations, can’t spare the staff to travel offsite for very long.
“Our customers all share a common challenge: shrunken travel budgets,” says Brian. “But the need for learning about new ideas that address personnel safety, enhance facility asset efficiency and reliability and maximize profitability has never been more intense. We designed the tour to meet this demand and show how GE is working today to address many of the industries toughest challenges.”
End-users, electrical contractors, distributors, and other stakeholders, who will soon receive invitations regarding their specific Electric Odyssey locations and dates, will see:
- Technologies to mitigate the risk of arc flash such as a real ArcVault Switchgear Retrofit, and Entelliguard Trip Units
- High efficiency NEMA ac and dc motors known for their ruggedness and reliability
- Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics for electric motors via a live video link to our Monitoring and Diagnostics Center in Atlanta, GA
- Energy Efficient Rewinds for large industrial motors
- Onsite transformer rewinds and testing services
- Drives and Controls solutions
- A demo of GE’s Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station
The tour travels to 200 destinations from the East Coast to West Coast, and concludes Wednesday, October 28, 2011, in Washington, D.C. Check the schedule and locations at www.geindustrial.com/odyssey.
- Edited by Amanda McLeman, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners