Schneider Electric acquires Summit Energy
Schneider Electric has acquired Summit Energy Services Inc., a provider in outsourced energy procurement and sustainability services to industrial and institutional enterprises
Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Summit Energy Services Inc., a provider of outsourced energy procurement and sustainability services to industrial, commercial and institutional enterprises.
Summit Energy provides its clients with services of energy procurement, risk management, market intelligence, data management and sustainability consulting. It is reportedly employing more than 350 individuals based in 11 international offices across North America and Europe and serves client facilities in more than 90 countries.
Summit Energy is a fast-growing business, expected to generate sales of approximately $65 million for the current year with an EBITA margin above the Schneider Electric average.
Summit Energy brings to Schneider Electric:
- Premier client-focused service platform, with two decades of success strategically positioning clients regarding energy contracting, reporting and consumption
- Highly experienced, multilingual team of regionally deployed energy and sustainability experts
- Leadership position for energy and sustainability reporting solutions through online platform (dashboarDView) that enables corporations to gain a firm grasp on energy and environmental costs and usage
- Proprietary risk management analysis and modeling for key global energy commodities
Summit Energy has over the years built long-term relationships with its clients based on its ability to deliver value through skilled personnel supporting the customer. Summit Energy expects to be a complement to Schneider Electric’s demand-side capabilities in the fields of energy audits, energy monitoring and energy efficient solutions.
- Edited by Amanda McLeman, Plant Engineering, www.plantengineering.com
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.