Top 5 Plant Engineering articles, July 14-20: Arc flash, compressed air, manufacturing safety strategies, more
Articles about reducing arc flash hazards, compressed air, safety concerns in manufacturing, propane truck maintenance, and employee engagement were Plant Engineering’s five most-clicked articles from last week, July 14-20. Were you out last week? Miss something? You can catch up here.
1. Reducing arc flash hazard on switchgear
Install a protective relay on the secondary side of the transformer and trip a primary side fault interrupting device.
2. Compressed air demand: find and fix leaks first
Don't forget the demand side of your audit when assessing your compressed air system.
3. Manufacturing safety: 12 practical strategies
Planning for safety is crucial to protecting your workers and facilities from accidents and mishaps. Taking steps now to ensure your workers are safe from injury protects yourself from liability.
4. Summertime and the skills gap
Bolstered by good industry performance news, the manufacturing sector seeks new workers.
5. Top safety concerns in the manufacturing industry
Manufacturing facilities are riddled with risks, both hidden and out in the open.
The list was developed using CFE Media's web analytics for stories viewed on plantengineering.com, July 14-20, for articles published within the last two months.
- Chris Vavra, content specialist, CFE Media, email@example.com.