Top 5 Plant Engineering articles, June 16-22
Articles about debunking bearing myths, three key elements in selecting lubrication, remote energy monitoring improving plant performance, reducing HVAC energy consumption with FHP and VFD operations, and energy monitoring trends were Plant Engineering’s five most-clicked articles from last week, June 16-22. Were you out last week? Miss something? You can catch up here.
1. Debunking the myths around bearings
From installation to lubrication, 11 ways to protect your assets.
2. Identify three key elements in selecting lubrication
Cost, maintenance, and downtime all must factor into decision.
3. Remote energy monitoring improves plant performance, reduces downtime
A single dashboard can display power quality information to head off problems.
4. Reduce HVAC energy consumption with FHP and VFD operations
Air-cooled chillers can take up a lot of room while expending massive amounts of energy. Integrating FHP and VFD operations is one way to cap energy consumption.
5. Plant Engineering 2014 Energy Management Study: Five energy monitoring trends
According to the data in this report, 33% of manufacturing facilities have energy reduction goals of at least 10% for the upcoming year, and another 40% are aiming to cut energy consumption by 5% to 10%.
The list was developed using CFE Media's web analytics for stories viewed on plantengineering.com, June 16-22, for articles published within the last two months.
- Chris Vavra, content specialist, CFE Media, firstname.lastname@example.org.