Variable speed wet rotor circulators
Grundfos Pumps produces a permanent magnet, variable speed wet rotor circulator, reduces power consumption.
The MAGNA, from Grundfos, with its permanent magnet motor design allegedly reduces power consumption by 50% or more. The unique patented AUTOADAPT feature controls pump performance automatically within defined performance range, reportedly ensuring lowest possible energy consumption without sacrificing comfort. It’s purportedly easy to install and simple to operate for replacement applications.
Standard Features include:
- Permanent magnet motor design that will avoid motor slippage problems common to induction-type motors, while delivering a starting torque four times higher than a standard induction motor.
- AUTOAdapt function automatically modulates circulator performance to match ever-changing system demand, cutting power consumption by a minimum of 50%, as compared with other circulators in its class.
- Plug-and-play convenience: Ten-foot-long line cord connects the circulator to a wall outlet, with no wiring required, eliminating the need to open a terminal box to make electrical connections
- Integrated frequency converter allows built-in intelligence analyzes current conditions and adjusts performance accordingly to ensure maximum efficiency during operation
- Low Noise Level: When in operation the noise level of the MAGNA is less than 35 db, equivalent to a whispered voice.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.