Viridity Software releases EnergyCenter for data center energy monitoring, measurement
Software designed for improved power availability management, reduced risk of power outages, and revealing hidden power, cooling, and space capacity.
Viridity Software has released its EnergyCenterdata center energy monitoring, measurement, and management software engineeredto enable customers to better manage power availability and reduce the risk ofpower outages, discover additional hidden power, cooling and space capacity, aswell as meet sustainability and "green" data center goals.
Features of the software package include:
- Energy measurement: Viridity's patent-pending technology is said to provide greater accuracy of energy measurement compared to current methodologies such as faceplate or fixed de-rating technologies -- providing customers with the ability to eliminate wasteful margin when provisioning energy, as well as discover unknown hidden capacity.
- Utilization modeling: Actual utilization is captured for each specific device. The corresponding energy consumption is then profiled at a granular level, allowing customers to identify opportunities for consolidation, as well as optimally plan for placement of new equipment.
- Power utilization trending: Utilization and power consumption are calculated dynamically, rather than a static point-in-time measurement. This trending information helps customers to identify under-utilized equipment and map consumption to business needs and priorities.
- Actionable reports: are delivered to the customer within a few hours of deployment.
Viridity EnergyCenter software is sold on an annual
subscription basis and offered at an entry price of approximately $25,000.
Access other Control Engineering softwarerelated to energy management software:
- SchneiderElectric PlantStruxure process management systemoptimizes energy use
- cpmPlus Energy Manager
- Invensysintroduces Corporate Energy Management application