Virtualization on the plant floor
While IT networks already use virtualization extensively, its benefits are moving into industrial networks. Five diverse viewpoints on its advantages and implementation are offered.
The topic of virtualization for manufacturing environments is a major discussion, so we are approaching it from a variety of viewpoints. Below are the stories written from industry professionals and their viewpoints on virtualization.
- Getting more from less, Joel Conover, Cisco
- Virtualization lifecycle considerations, Paul Hodge, Honeywell Process Solutions
- Breaking chains to improve delivery, Grant Le Sueur, Invensys Operations Management
- Building reusable engineering, Anthony Baker, Rockwell Automation
- Preparing your power distribution system, Jim Tessler, Eaton
- Virtualization represents a huge advance in industrial network design and implementation.
- This technology is well proven in IT applications and is moving into manufacturing.
- A thorough understanding of the technology and appropriate planning are key to effective implementation.
- Read this story online for additional discussion of each topic.
- Get more information from the companies involved:
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners