Virtualization on the plant floor
While IT networks already use virtualization extensively, its benefits are moving into industrial networks. Five diverse viewpoints on its advantages and implementation are offered.
Joel Conover, Paul Hodge, Grant Le Sueur, Anthony Baker, Jim Tessler
The topic of virtualization for manufacturing environments is a major discussion, so we are approaching it from a variety of viewpoints. Below are the stories written from industry professionals and their viewpoints on virtualization.
- Getting more from less, Joel Conover, Cisco
- Virtualization lifecycle considerations, Paul Hodge, Honeywell Process Solutions
- Breaking chains to improve delivery, Grant Le Sueur, Invensys Operations Management
- Building reusable engineering, Anthony Baker, Rockwell Automation
- Preparing your power distribution system, Jim Tessler, Eaton
- Virtualization represents a huge advance in industrial network design and implementation.
- This technology is well proven in IT applications and is moving into manufacturing.
- A thorough understanding of the technology and appropriate planning are key to effective implementation.
- Read this story online for additional discussion of each topic.
- Get more information from the companies involved:
|Search the online Automation Integrator Guide|
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Control Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.