Wireless digital insulation tester
The Fluke 1587 FC Insulation Multimeter is a wireless digital insulation tester plus a digital multimeter (DMM) and is designed to provide enhanced versatility for both troubleshooting and preventive maintenance applications.
The Fluke 1587 FC Insulation Multimeter is a wireless digital insulation tester plus a digital multimeter (DMM) and is designed to provide enhanced versatility for both troubleshooting and preventive maintenance applications. The 1587 FC is part of Fluke Connect and adds four diagnostic capabilities when used in conjunction with the Fluke Connect smartphone app:
- PI/DAR (polarity index/dielectric absorption ratio) with TrendIt graphs identifies moisture and contamination problems faster
- Memory storage through the mobile Fluke Connect app is designed to reduce errors by eliminating the need to write down results
- Temperature compensation through Fluke Connect app helps establish accurate baselines and relevant historical comparisons
- Historical tracking and trending of assets using the Fluke Connect Assets software identifies degradation over time, allowing real-time decisions in the field.
The CAT III 1000 V/CAT IV 600 V safety-rated 1587 FC features a VFD low-pass filter for accurate motor drive measurements, insulation tests of 0.01 MΩ to 2 GΩ, and insulation test voltages of 50, 100, 250, 500, and 1000V. It also includes user safety features like auto-discharge of capacitive voltage and live circuit detection that prevents insulation tests if voltage greater than 30 V is measured on the unit under test.
- Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering wireless products.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Digital Reports
- Global SI Database
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu