Acquisition of cybersecurity company completed
Honeywell has completed its acquisition of Nextnine, a privately-held industrial cybersecurity company, which will be integrated into Honeywell's existing cybersecurity division.
Honeywell announced that it has completed its acquisition of Nextnine Ltd. Nextnine is a privately held provider of industrial cyber security solutions. The business will be integrated into Honeywell’s Industrial Cyber Security group and will significantly strengthen Honeywell’s capability to offer multi-vendor, multi-site secure remote access, monitoring and support to protect industrial control systems and critical infrastructure against a growing threat of cyber attacks.
The combination of Honeywell and Nextnine capabilities look to deliver enhanced value to customers and partners including:
- Scalable and flexible enterprise-wide deployments with cybersecurity management for multi-site, multi-vendor industrial control system (ICS) environments
- Enhanced managed security services (MSS) for industrial cybersecurity with improved asset inventory management, security compliance and policy management, continuous monitoring and alerting, and integration with Honeywell cybersecurity products including risk manager and advanced threat intelligence exchange (ATIX)
- Secure connected and remote access capabilities with improved control and protection of customer data that can be extended to additional assets and used for secure file transfer
- Full, continued support and services for current Nextnine customers and partners and enhanced technology developments for end users.
– Edited from a Honeywell press release by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering cybersecurity stories.