Alarm notification software does scheduling, connects to SCADA, DCS, OPC servers
Control See Ltd has announced the release of its U.C.ME-OPC software product version 2010. This new version includes scheduling functionality to the existing functionality – alarm notification (via SMS, Pager, Email, Voice and Fax), remote control (via SMS and Phone) and alarm analysis.
Using the U.C.ME-OPC Scheduler, customers will be able to schedule events and tasks and make their maintenance activities easy to manage without the need to use external tools or PLC programming for scheduling, according to Control See Ltd.
Scheduled events are based on time, date or day-of-week. Event information can be sent to any phone recipient (as a text or voice message), Email recipient, Pager or Fax recipient. The event’s email can also contain an attached file.
Tasks can be used to:
- Change field values and set-points
- Run Windows programs
- Suspend/resume alarm notification
- Restart the computer
- Send a predefined text or voice message to any recipient
Examples for scheduled events:
- Every day at 08:00 AM U.C.ME-OPC can send the message "U.C.ME test message" to notify system administrators on their system availability.
- Every morning at 9:00 AM U.C.ME-OPC can turn an air-condition unit.
- Every evening at 6:00 PM U.C.ME-OPC can turn an air-condition unit.
- On Sunday, September 12th U.C.ME-OPC can run an external utility that will load a process recipe.
U.C.ME-OPC is alarm notification software that can connect to any SCADA application, distributed control system (DCS) or OPC server using OPC connectivity. Based on the information retrieved from these systems, alarms can be sent to any phone via SMS or Voice, Pager, Email or Fax.
Control See Ltd
– Edited by Amanda McLeman, CFE Media, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com