Annual report on IoT and data trends released
National Instruments’ (Nasdaq: NATI) NI Trend Watch 2016 is an annual report that examines a range of topics focused on the Internet of Things (IoT) and its impact on how data is managed.
"As the world becomes more connected, the incredible amount of real-world data available today promises engineers and scientists great insight, but getting that insight can be a challenge," said Eric Starkloff, NI executive vice president of global sales and marketing.
NI Trend Watch 2016 explores these topics:
- Prototyping takes 5G from concept to reality — 5G will evolve our wireless networks to heights never before imagined, but its pursuit doesn’t come without challenges.
- Big analog data of the future: From the edge to the enterprise — With the proliferation of sensing and networking technologies, it’s become easier and cost effective to add measurements to systems.
- It’s about time: Evolving network standards for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) — Network technologies must evolve to satisfy the requirements of next-generation industrial systems and radically advance the way we operate machines, electrical grids and transportation systems.
- Testing the big bang of smart devices — Instead of designing a unique test system for each device-under-test, test leaders must design smart test systems that can adapt to and test all smart devices.
- The consumerization of software — In a marketplace that’s rapidly demanding convergence, and the best of all possible worlds, it’s up to software vendors to answer the call.
National Instruments (NI)
– Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering industrial networking stories.