Application store for the enterprise; xTuple debuts xChange
xTuple , provider of open source enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, launched the xChange, an online marketplace of add-on and extensions to xTuple ERP.
Within the xChange, two new offerings have been launched by xTuple itself: a Point-of-Sale (POS) package and the xTuple Batch Manager. The POS package adds retail cash register management to any of the editions of xTuple ERP. The Batch Manager processes resource-intensive jobs separately from the ERP application, in addition to handling all outgoing email messages and transaction documents. Previously only available as part of the commercially-licensed Standard or Manufacturing Editions of xTuple ERP, the Batch Manager package can now plug into the completely free and open source PostBooks Edition.
In addition to these offerings, the xChange also features a number of free solutions, including:
• Dozens of custom reports contributed by community members
• Scripts to connect xTuple ERP to the osCommerce shopping cart software , Drupal content management system , and Yahoo! Merchant Solutions Websites .
• Interfaces to online mapping solutions such as Google Maps
• Connectors to currency exchange rate data feeds; and
• xTuple CRM address book synching tools for popular mobile platforms.
"The xChange is a culmination of several years’ work to make xTuple ERP more extensible and customizable," said Ned Lilly, president and CEO of xTuple. "We’ve been deeply engaged with our community of users and partners to make xTuple ERP a true platform for enterprise application developers. Companies today want more flexibility, transparency, and choice in how they consume business software and services; the xChange, along with the architectural enhancements to the past several releases of xTuple ERP, provides powerful support for this 21st century paradigm."
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske, electronic product editor, MBT www.mbtmag .