Automation connectivity for packaging industry, other machine builders
Molex offers the packaging OEMs, integrators, and end users the Brad suite of connectivity, communications, control and power solutions at Pack Expo.
Industrial connectivity, communications, control and power integration offerings have expanded; Molex Inc. is showing the Brad automation product line for packaging machine builders, robot manufacturers, and equipment system integrators at Pack Expo, Sept. 26 – 28, Las Vegas, Nev., booth S7115. (Link to other Pack Expo 2011 developments.) Molex automation products are offered as a bundled solution with an extensive range of industrial network protocol options designed for the advanced-manufacturing needs in the packaging industry, including industrial Ethernet.
As packaging systems adapt over time, Brad products allow users to easily add power and control devices as they migrate to next generation systems, according to Tom Schoder, group product manager, integrated products, Molex. The company has more than 40 years’ experience “powering the automation infrastructure with fast, reliable and durable connections.”
Brad automation solutions from Molex help optimize packaging operations. Products include:
• High-performance network interface cards (NICs) for protocols like DeviceNet, Profibus and Ethernet that allow PC-based control systems to be used on packaging and material handling lines where speed and accuracy are critical.
• Robot controllers that can be easily integrated into packaging lines using Molex network interface card solutions for a wide range of network protocols and bus formats.
• IP67 Ethernet I/O modules and switches that decrease installation costs and enable conveyor manufacturers to provide faster, easier and more reliable on-site integration.
• Harsh duty products that reduce costly downtime by providing infrastructure that is easy to install and rugged enough to endure the demanding environments found on the packaging plant floor.
• Connectors and Receptacles: Fast and reliable in I/O and network systems, Brad connectors and receptacles provide rugged, watertight (IP67) connections for the harshest environments.
• PLC/PAC backplane modules: Available in Ethernet and fieldbus protocols, the modules are easily integrated into Rockwell Automation’s RSLogix5000 using Add-on-Profiles for ControlLogix and can be added to the system design within Rockwell’s Integrated Architecture Builder.
• PC and Remote Scanners: Use Ethernet as the backbone to access a DeviceNet or Profibus network resulting in a lower-cost access method for networked I/O and diagnostic information.
• Harsh-duty (IP67) I/O: Modules are easy to install, can be machine mounted and can withstand areas where liquids, dust or vibration may be present.
• Industrial Ethernet Switches: Feature a rugged design for industrial use in either IP30 or IP40 enclosures and are available with either copper or fiber communication ports.
• Modular Power Solutions: Modular, quick-connect systems provide easy-to-install power distribution systems that do not require specialized tools and labor.
Molex blog www.connector.com
Control Engineering Industrial Network Channel
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.