Automation products: Network interface cards, IO modules, switches
Molex's Brad automation product line introduced at Pack Expo has advantages for packaging machine builders, robot manufacturers, and equipment system integrators.
Molex Incorporated introduced its Brad automation product line, which is designed for packaging machine builders, robot manufacturers, and equipment system integrators, at Pack Expo. Molex automation products are offered as a bundled solution for the advanced-manufacturing needs in the packaging industry, including Industrial Ethernet.
Brad automation solutions have several features that help optimize packaging operations, including:
- Network interface cards (NICs) for protocols like DeviceNet, Profibus and Ethernet that allow PC-based control systems to be used on packaging and material handling lines where speed and accuracy are critical.
- Robot controllers that can be integrated into packaging lines using Molex network interface card solutions for a wide range of network protocols and bus formats.
- IP67 Ethernet I/O modules and switches that decrease installation costs and enable conveyor manufacturers to provide faster, easier and more reliable on-site integration.
- Harsh duty products that reduce downtime by providing infrastructure that is easy to install and rugged enough to endure the demanding environments found on the packaging plant floor.
– Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
See the Network channel at