BOA IDR for identification and verification applications
Teledyne Dalsa, a Teledyne Technologies and producer of machine vision technology, featured its BOA IDR product at the Automate 2011 in Chicago. Teledyne DALSA’s BOA IDR is ideal for part recognition, tracking and verification and is targeted at industries such as automotive, electronics, packaging and pharmaceutical.
“BOA IDR is an affordable solution for a range of identification and quality control applications,” says Steve Geraghty, director of Teledyne DALSA Industrial Products. “As an image-based ID reader it offers robust 1D and 2D capabilities for part traceability, but it also offers trainable character and pattern recognition tools which customers can combine to satisfy a variety of identification and verification needs.
Many industries are using 2D matrix technology to track parts along the assembly process and throughout the product life cycle. In the automotive sector, for example, 2D tracking is used for error proofing to ensure parts are assembled in the correct order and in pharmaceutical manufacturing, product codes must be tracked within the supply chain to ensure customer safety. Verification of print quality on these packages is also important to assure future readability. BOA IDR provides these capabilities and also allows manufacturers to combine tracking with other inspection tasks, such as character reading and verification, to ensure all product markings match and are readable when they leave the factory floor.
Features and benefits of the BOA IDR include:
- Identification and grading capabilities for part tracking based on codes, characters or patterns:
- Reading and verifying 2D matrix codes, such as Data Matrix, PDF or QR codes
- Reading and verifying 1D barcodes on labels and packages
- Reading and verifying printed characters on labels and parts
- Identifying and verifying patterns on products and parts
– Edited by Gust Gianos, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com