Cameras for high speed color acquisition are GigE Vision-compliant
Dalsa Corporation has launched a new series within its Genie line of GigE Vision-compliant cameras. The Genie HC Series is built for high speed color acquisition with uncompromised image quality. Typical applications for the Genie HC series include electronic manufacturing inspection, intelligent traffic systems (ITS), and food inspection. Genie HC area scan cameras will be showcased at the Vision 2010 International Trade fair for Machine Vision, in Messe Stuttgart, Germany, November 9 – 11, in Hall 4, booth #D 51.
Dalsa’s Genie HC series is comprised of three high-speed, color camera models:
- Genie HC640 up to 300 fps in full resolution (640 x 480)
- Genie HC1024 up to 117 fps in full resolution (1024 x 768)
- Genie HC1400 up to 75 fps in full resolution (1400 x 1024)
Additional features include global electronic shutter with exposure control and on-board flat-field correction to produce crisp, clear images. The GigE Vision camera acts as a single machine vision component – integrating both advanced camera and board image acquisition technologies in one small package.
Manuel Romero, Genie product manager for Dalsa, said, “The new Genie HC camera models offer an impressive 300 frames per second color image capture, the fastest single link GigE Vision camera on the market.”
All Genie cameras feature value added functionality designed specifically for imaging and machine vision applications. All features are easily accessible with Dalsa’s advanced software tools. These tools deliver superior image capture, performance, and control.
Features and Benefits
- Shorter development time: Genie Framework software package contains advanced tools;
- Simplified set-up: Sapera Essential software featuring CamExpert;
- Ruggedized RJ45 connector: ideally suited for robotics applications;
- Optimized speed and resolution: Captures image data at speeds of up to 300 fps in full resolution (640 x 480) features global electronic shutter with exposure control and on-board flat-field correction;
- 1000x Anti-blooming: resulting from Dalsa’s proprietary CMOS technology; and
- Dalsa Platform Development Advantage: Free run-time licensing.