Control Engineering editorial planning 2021
What editorial topics should Control Engineering cover in 2021? May I have your input by June 30, 2020, please? Five steps to 2021 topics follow. Help plan the future of automation, controls, and instrumentation.
Please help create the Control Engineering 2021 editorial calendar. Your input is requested by end of business on June 30, 2020. Thanks. See five steps to editorial planning below. Your input will help plan the future of automation, controls, and instrumentation. Established in 1954, Control Engineering provides information for automation engineers who design, implement, integrate, maintain, and manage control, automation, and instrumentation systems, components, and equipment to do their jobs better.
1. Control Engineering has four general areas of coverage on the 2020 editorial calendar.
– Control systems and strategy: DCSs, PACs, PLCs, industrial PCs, CNC, loop control, PID, embedded control, edge computing, machine control, artificial intelligence, instrumentation, mobile devices, analytical instruments, test and calibration equipment
– Networking and information: Ethernet, wireless, other networks, I/O modules and systems, HMI, mobility, SCADA, historians, data acquisition, alarm management, simulation, safety, asset management, cyber security, industrial IT, and enterprise-level functions, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Industry 4.0
– Control equipment and energy: Motors, drives, robotics, mechatronics, motion control, energy efficiency, control valves, pumps, positioners, transmitters, sensors, vision, RFID, power supplies, power protection, power distribution, enclosures, and related components
– Industry, integrators, system integration, and people.
2. Specific Control Engineering editorial 2020 and 2019 editorial calendars and article descriptions follow.
3. Control Engineering editorial pull-down menu topics at www.controleng.com follow.
- PLCs, PACs
- Embedded systems, edge computing
- Dedicated controls
- PID, APC
- DCS, SCADA, controllers.
IIoT, Industry 4.0
- Asset management
- Virtualization, cloud, analytics.
- Machine safety
- Motors, drives
- Sensors, vision
- CNCs, motion control.
- HMI, OI
- PLM, control design
- Manufacturing IT, MES
- Industrial PCs.
Networking and security
- Other networks
- I/O systems, I/O modules.
- Data acquisition, DAQ
- Simulators, optimizers
- Diagnostics, asset management
- Process safety
- Sensors, actuators.
- System integrators
- Project management
- Energy efficiency
- Energy power.
5. Here are most-popular Control Engineering topics in 2019 and 2020 so far.
Thanks. Please email your input to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30 and put
2021 with Control Engineering …in the subject line.
Mark T. Hoske
Control Engineering editor / content manager since 1994, www.controleng.com
Control Engineering, Consulting-Specifying Engineer, Plant Engineering, IIoT for Engineers, and Oil and Gas Engineering are part of CFE Media and CFE Technology. CFE stands for Content for Engineers, www.cfemedia.com.