Control Engineering webcast, the Complex Simplicity of Ethernet, offers application advice
Advice for using Ethernet in industrial environments will be among knowledge shared in a Control Engineering webcast, the Complex Simplicity of Ethernet. Advice includes use of Ethernet in industrial applications, when redundancy is needed, streaming SCADA video for gauge verification; and Ethernet safety.
NOW AVAILABLE on demand using the link below: Advice for using Ethernet in industrial environments will be among knowledge shared in a Control Engineering webcast, the Complex Simplicity of Ethernet.
The Thursday, Oct. 19, 2010, at 2 p.m. ET/1 p.m. CT/11 a.m. PT also will be available for viewing in the Control Engineering webcast archive. Register for the live event or view the archived information at www.controleng.com/webcasts.
Ethernet application advice includes the following:
- Ethernet can make industrial networks better and easier to use;
- Some applications will benefit from a redundant Ethernet architecture;
- SCADA Ethernet applications can stream video to verify why an alarm is going off, confirming gauge readings;
- Harsh-duty Ethernet hardware can add reliability in rugged environments; and
- Ethernet use can benefit safety applications.
The Control Engineering webcast is sponsored by Molex and Moxa.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.