CSIA committees, task forces working on standards, initiatives
The Control System Integrators Association (CSIA) has several committees and task forces are working on a number of initiatives and research to help system integrators improve everything from safety protocols to their presence worldwide.
The best practices committee is developing Revision 5 of the Best Practices and Benchmarks manual by improving current sections and adding cybe rsecurity, health, safety, and other best practices. They are also working on making the manual applicable globally.
The cyber security task force is writing a white paper on cyber security best practices for industrial control systems that will be modeled after IEC 62443-2-4.
The certification task force is working on a number of initiatives including:
- Designing selection and performance standards for integrators for use by clients and OEMs
- Creating a system for incremental audits towards certification
- Developing a "Levels of Maturity" model that exhibits best practices application to company growth
- Developing an onboarding program for new members and facilitate peer groups.
The European advisory committee is working with several partner members to do webinars for integrators and internal personnel. They are also performing research on improving their physical presence in Europe.
The integrator marketing committee has several developments going on including:
- Developing a best practice that encourages members to include CSIA in their company marketing
- Assisting in development of a project management training program
- Developing a guideline listing the many considerations that impact a client’s return on automation investment so that SIs can speak to those investment drivers.
The statistics committee is developing a new program called Pulse that is designed to refine and simplify KPICs to improve data entry and to generate reports that are applicable to metrics (KPIs) specific to SI company performance.
Control System Integrators Association (CSIA)
– Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering system integrator stories.
– Learn more about the CSIA Executive Conference and other CSIA developments below.