DCS and SCADA upgrades, cyber security, marshalling are among user group topics
Foxboro User Group returns to Boston, Aug. 13-17, 2012, seeking optimization and the clearest path to modernization.
This year’s Foxboro User Group conference is designed for Foxboro I/A Series users’ technical and business needs, according to organizers. The conference theme is “Modernization,” and content is said to be rich with solutions, product information, and best practices focused on helping users optimize existing assets while paving a clear, cost-effective path to the future.
Three days of interactive, user-led sessions, and a half day of training sessions include:
Upgrade planning for Foxboro I/A Series users:
• 100 Series upgrade application stories
• Latest equipment and application upgrade planning
• Cyber security enhancements
• Lifecycle management and customer first and support services programs
Latest offerings for Foxboro I/A Series users:
• Intelligent Marshalling to significantly lower cost & effort of your next project
• New trends in process graphics to improve safety, reliability, efficiency and effectiveness of operators
• Virtualization to reduce lifecycle costs and improve overall system maintainability
• Improved asset management and advanced diagnostics for all your plant HART devices
• Wireless technology to improve productivity and safety with people and assets
• Innovators workshop to drive future research and development programs
Other benefits, according to Invensys, include ability to:
• Interact at technical workshops led by users
• Network with colleagues at industry sessions
• Collaborate with experts
• Experience new products
• Learn about relevant offerings from the Invensys portfolio
• Continue education with onsite training
• Bring your family – guest program available!
Registration information, agenda, and session descriptions area are available.
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske, content manager, CFE Media, Control Engineering and Plant Engineering.