Device correlates broad range of temperature and voltage measurements
Data Translation has released its MeasurPoint, a highly accurate, multipurpose single instrument device for measuring any combination of RTD, thermocouple, and voltage ranges from 300
"MeasurPoint is the first instrument of its kind that allows the user to simultaneously correlate temperature and voltage measurements," says Fred Molinari, founder and CEO of Data Translation. "A broad array of applications including lithium ion and fuel cell battery measurement, hybrid electric vehicle battery performance, thermal battery management, and portable equipment measurement are now simplified."
MeasurPoint incorporates the company’s ISO-Channel technology, which it says makes measurements almost indestructible. The technology reportedly eliminates any common mode noise and ground loop problems under all environmental conditions. In addition, up to 48 configurable input channels in groupings of eight voltage, thermocouple, and RTD inputs offer user flexibility.
The system supports:
• B,E,J,K,N,R,S, and T thermocouple types to 0.0004
• Platinum RTD types Pt100 (
• Software selectable voltage ranges of
• Flexible software configuration on up to 48 input channels;
• USB or Ethernet (LXI Class C compliant) versions available;
• Guaranteed isolation of 1000 V between input channels;
• Maximum isolation with separate DC/DC converters per channel;
• Parallel operation of 24-bit A/D resolution per channel; and
• Throughput rates of 10 Hz simultaneously or 480 Hz for 48 input channels.
Each instrument ships with a ready-to-measure software application that allows rapid configuration and acquisition of temperature, resistance, and voltage channels. Data handling functions include displaying, logging, analyzing, and exporting data to other formats, including Microsoft Excel.
-Edited by Peter Welander, process industries editor, PWelander@cfemedia.com,
Control Engineering Process Instrumentation & Sensors Monthly
Register here to select your choice of free eNewsletters .