Dual voltage SCR dc motor speed control, up to 2 hp motors
The OMDC-250 Series variable speed dc control offers flexibility, reliability, and value, according to Omega Engineering. The general purpose control, rated and tested to 2 horsepower, also provides:
- Adjustable IR compensation;
- Line voltage compensation;
- 5 kΩ speed potentiometer;
- 150% overload capacity;
- Transient voltage protection;
- Voltage following mode or dc tachometer follower by supplying ungrounded analog input signal (0 to 12 V dc);
- dc tachometer feedback;
- Inhibit circuit permits start and stop without breaking ac lines;
- Remote start/stop via pot circuit or inhibit circuit; and
- Shunt field supply provided specifications
Temperature: -10 to 45 °C (14 to 113 °F)
AC Input Voltage: ±10% rated line voltage
Input Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Dimensions: 97 W x 140 H x 89 mm D (3.8 x 5.5 x 3.5-in.)
Weight: 284 g (10 oz).
When using the -29 option (FWD-OFF-REV switch), care must be taken to stop the motor completely before switching direction. Damage to the drive can result from switching direction at speed.
Learn more about the OMDC-250 Series variable speed dc control from Omega Engineering via www.omega.com.
Also see the Control Engineering Machine Control channel and the
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com, CFE Media.