Engineers for many years have been challenged to provide a safety monitoring solution that can deliver reliable and measureable coverage for fugitive gas leaks in outdoor or open structured industrial applications where pressurized gas is present. The challenge with traditional solutions was that so many points were necessary for truly complete coverage that it was difficult to budget and would overload maintenance teams. The GDU-Incus from Emerson effectively provides a solution to this challenge when combined with traditional sensing technologies.
The GDU-Incus delivers an industry changing solutions for operators in three critical areas:
1. Improved coverage
- Extremely fast response (instantaneous response to detected ultrasound, no concentration of gas required, no requirement for gas to come in contact with sensing element)
- Field selectable settings/ranges to optimize installation
- Ability to accurately define area coverage, up to 40 m radius depending on conditions (mapping software with process parameters required)
2. Essential performance
- Robust and reliable wide-area monitoring (-40 to 85 C)
- Not effected by weather, wind, or gas concentration (IP 66/67, RH 0% to 100%)
- Completely immune to poisoning or attenuating effects
3. Cost effectiveness
- Factory calibrated for life, sensors do not age or expire
- No consumptive elements or moving parts
- Meets regulatory compliance
- Eliminate lost production/downtime through early detection and mitigation.
Emerson Process Management