EC: IndraControl S67 Sercos III Bus Coupler
Network Integration - Ethernet hardware: Rexroth extends the architecture of its Sercos III bus with the IndraControl S67 bus coupler, with 8 digital onboard inputs and is designed to expand the viability, flexibility and value of Sercos III Ethernet based automation bus solutions. This is a Control Engineering 2013 Engineers' Choice finalist.
The IndraControl S67 Sercos III bus coupler features a compact and ergonomic design and is offered with a comprehensive portfolio with standard I/O and technology modules. It provides a modern hardware architecture for optimized data transfer, and it is equipped with flexible mounting and connection technology for fast integration into machine designs.
Key features include:
- M8 connection technology
- Protection class: IP67
- 64 I/O modules per station
- 8 channels per modules
- 512 channels per station
- 500 m total extension per station
- 50 m distance between two modules
With the availability of the S67 Sercos III coupler, Rexroth can now offer a complete Sercos III fieldbus solution for I/O, motion and control. Bosch Rexroth is leveraging the power and sophistication of the Sercos III Industrial Ethernet machine communications platform to help solve some of today’s most demanding automation performance and productivity challenges. For today’s high-bandwidth multi-axis manufacturing systems, Sercos III provides:
- Guaranteed hard real-time synchronous data exchange between controls and devices
- Direct communications between devices or controllers
- Redundant ring topology for the highest machine uptime
- A common Ethernet-based platform for consistent networks across the enterprise, from the machine to the front office
- A universal bus for the entire spectrum for industrial automation applications.
The performance advantages Sercos III offers is a key reason a broad range of Rexroth drives, I/O components, controller platforms and other critical automation devices are equipped to support Sercos III communications.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this content? You should consider contributing to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.