EC: SAFESERIES SIL relays
Safety — Process Safety, Intrinsic Safety: The SAFESERIES SIL relays provide switching for single- or two-channel safety circuits in high-risk or aggressive conditions and can either energize or de-energize to safe mode features such as alarm capabilities for emergency shutdown systems. This is a Control Engineering 2015 Engineers’ Choice honorable mention.
The SAFESERIES SIL relays include single and two dual channel DIN-rail mounted models designed for switching safety related circuits (SIL rated). These relays have the features demanded by engineers to work with safety circuit specifically in aggressive environmental conditions.
The SAFESERIES have several unique strengths such as:
- G3 conformal coating on at the board level to alleviate environmental corrosion and ensure device durability
- Wide input rage from 24 to 230 Vac/Vdc to provide the widest possible range of applications
- Super flexible can be set to either energize-to-safe or de-energize to safe mode
- Wide acceptance they are certified to cULus and to IEC 61508 for SIL3 (TϋV)
- Can perform on/off actuator safety switching for pumps, valves, alarms
- Ideal for emergency shutdown systems.
Plus they are easy to use with:
- Easy to use with clear front of unit LED status indication
- Externally accessible fusing
- Easy to wire with pluggable field connectors
- Only 22-mm wide and ready for DIN rail mounting
The SAFESERIES SIL relays were designed for one specific task, securely switch safety circuits within process applications. These applications include tank overfill protection and shutdown controls for refineries oil and gas storage, or water/wastewater applications. As with all of Weidmuller’s electronics, the unit high the highest level of accuracy and reliability.