EC: SICOM3028GPT Ethernet switch
The Kyland SICOM3028GPT series is an all-in-one multi-functional solution with 10/100/1,000 Mpbs Ethernet Copper/Fiber, RS232/422/485 Serial, GPS, IRIG-B, HSR/PRP, PTP over E1/E1 features over Layer 2 and/or Layer 3 networks. It is specifically designed to operate reliably for industrial applications requiring diverse connectivity and precise time source, synchronization, and time distribution.
The SICOM3028GPT series is fully compliant with IEC61850-3 and IEEE1613 standards. Typical power substations, railway signaling shelters, or traffic light control cabinets, where there are high electromagnetic noise and interference, extreme temperature and humidity can be relieved by its rugged design.
The product also features IEEE1588v2 and SyncE protocols with hardware time stamping allowing 10 ns of time synchronization over each 28 GB/100 M Ethernet port. It is equipped with IEC62439-6/DRP ring function (an IEC standard with Kyland’s contribution) enabling less than 20ms recovery time and supporting unlimited devices in one ring. With its support of IEC61850 data modeling, switches in the process bus can also be managed in a native IEC61850 network.
The SICOM3028GPT is designed in standard 1U rack with high density port configuration (up to 28G ports) and hot-swappable modules for different functions, such as:
- GPS module enables SICOM3028GPT to function as the time source for the whole network by obtaining the accurate time from GPS satellites
- IRIG-B module enables the customers to distribute the precise time the conventional IRIG-B/PPS devices
- PTP over E1/T1 module helps transmit the precise time throughout traditional SDH networks with the accuracy of less than 1µs
- Serial Device Server Module with serial isolation circuits enables serial device connectivity for various legacy devices
- PRP/HSR module, compliant with IEC62439-3 enables a fully redundant network with zero recovery time.
The SICOM3028GPT series, a multi-function switching platform from Kyland, is an ideal solution with most flexibility and reliability for industrial infrastructures.
Kyland Technology Co. Ltd., www.kyland.com