Electronics company announces name change
Effective today, Allied Electronics has changed their name and brand to Allied Electronics & Automation. The company’s ownership and staff have not changed. The company was founded in 1928 in Chicago as Allied Radio, the distribution arm of Columbia Radio Corporation, and the company changed its name in the 1960’s. Today, it is a subsidiary of Electrocomponents, plc, based in London. For the past decade, the company has focused on their automation and control product portfolio to supplement their electronic components’ portfolio.
Allied Electronics & Automation
– Edited from an Allied Electronics & Automation press release by CFE Media with additional information taken from their website.