Embedded solution for industrial automation
Mentor Graphics Corporation’s (NASDAQ: MENT) Mentor Embedded multiplatform industrial automation solution is designed to enable embedded product developers to create rich, power efficient, safe, and secure systems. It encompasses a breadth of runtime platform options, customized development tools, system partitioning, power management, safety certification and system characterization tools, plus market-leading multicore support, making this the broadest solution in the industry.
The Mentor Embedded industrial automation solution includes:
- The Nucleus real-time operating system (RTOS) with advanced power management and optional IEC 61508 safety certification and Wurldtech Achilles communications certification
- The Mentor Embedded Linux platform with integrated industrial protocols, SELinux mandatory access control support, and Sourcery™ CodeBench Professional toolsuite
- Type-1 hypervisor technology for partitioning and separation
- Advanced Sourcery Analyzer tool for advanced debug and system characterization
- Qt graphics optimized for embedded automation controller user interface (UI) applications
- Customized open source toolchains to optimize hardware components, code footprint, and application performance.
The Mentor Embedded solution is designed to provide developers with integrated and tested capabilities and features that enable equipment manufacturers to focus on strategic competitive differentiation across the spectrum of industrial devices (industrial controllers, process automation controllers, PLCs, data acquisition devices, and motor driver controllers, along with motion, vision, and SCADA systems). This enables convergence of the product features and capabilities necessary to increase profitability by minimizing footprint (floor space), reducing power usage (electricity costs), and decreasing downtime (security vulnerabilities).
The Mentor Embedded industrial automation solution was developed to address the growing challenges of building, extending, and maintaining embedded hardware and software for a variety of industrial automation products. It is designed to
provide a new way to integrate legacy applications, new technologies, comprehensive security architecture, and multicore processors on the same industrial device.
– Edited by CFE Media. See more Control Engineering embedded system products.