Enterprise asset management tied to ERP
Invensys Operations Management announced that its Avantis.Pro enterprise asset management (EAM) software is now more tightly integrated with Microsoft Dynamics AX enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. "As manufacturers seek to drive more and more value from their existing assets, EAM technology is becoming increasingly more strategic to their business and is equally strategic to ours," said Mike Ehrenberg, distinguished engineer, Microsoft Corp. The integration of these software packages ensures that financial and enterprise-planning decisions are made using timely, reliable information about the health and operation of all assets within a manufacturing facility or organization, he added.
"EAM systems can provide demonstrable results in a relatively short time frame," said Bill Polk, director of research at AMR Research, in the June 2009 AMR research report Asset Management Algebra: EAM = ROI. "In today’s environment, where budgets are tight and freeing up or conserving working capital is paramount, developing and implementing a robust EAM solution can help deliver incremental profit to the bottom line."
The Avantis.Pro is a comprehensive EAM offering. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 is a business management and ERP solution encompassing general ledger, accounts receivable and asset value reporting. The integrated package is a standard, scalable architecture that can be easily implemented. It supports enterprise planning and decision making, improves financial and operating controls and facilitates interdepartmental collaboration.
Expected benefits include:
• Greater enterprise-wide data access, which improves asset availability and utilization by providing financial systems with timely access to asset-related data, such as maintenance planning and schedules, projected failure rates and equipment service histories.
• Seamless coordination and automation of business processes, improving efficiency, increasing accuracy and eliminating data entry errors.
• Faster, easier connectivity through the use of predefined connections and standards-based integration concepts and frameworks.
• Lower costs, by implementing a scalable, out-of-the-box solution that can be upgraded as the business requires.
• Higher reliability, based on implementation of proven, heavily tested software from trusted sources.
Invensys is a Microsoft Gold solutions partner and is in the process of becoming "Certified for Dynamics" via the Microsoft CfmD Program. Invensys and Microsoft are also exploring other integration opportunities, including an active project for the integration of Invensys’ Wonderware
"This latest collaboration is a product of a long and successful business relationship that Invensys and Microsoft have enjoyed, not just with Avantisproduction environments significantly reduces risk, maximizing return not only on software investment, but on all assets."
According to Ehrenberg, "The Avantis.PRO EAM software from Invensys has a stellar reputation for quality and for the service that stands behind it."
– Edited by Renee Robbins, senior editor
Control Engineering News Desk