Ethernet vibration instrument module can sample four accelerometer channels
Data Translation has released its DT8837 high performance Ethernet (LXI) data acquisition instrument module for sound and vibration measurement applications. The unit allows you to sample up to four 24-bit IEPE accelerometer input channels independently at up to 52.7 kHz per channel or 210 kHz total throughput. Additionally, the DT8837 offers a 24-bit stimulus output, and a 31-bit synchronized tachometer channel for data streams that are matched in time for field or laboratory use.
"The DT8837 data acquisition instrument module not only offers high sampling throughput but previously unachievable accuracy with on-board proprietary ISO-Channel front end design," says Fred Molinari, Data Translation president. He adds that the design helps Ethernet users by eliminating ground loops and noise sources.
The TCP/IP Ethernet operation mode of the DT8837 allows measurements to be monitored locally or at other remote locations. Up to 16 instrument modules may be stacked for parallel operation of 64 separate IEPE accelerometer or voltage inputs. Each of these separate synchronized modules can also be triggered externally in a variety of ways.
The company says its ISO-Channel technology provides galvanic isolation to guarantee 1,000 V isolation between any input channel to any other input channel andfrom each other and from digital ground. Additionally, for operating mechanical relays or motors that are common to vibration systems, 4 isolated digital output lines employ solid state relays with high drive capability.
Key features include:
• Simultaneous sampling of inputs at throughput rates up to 52.7 kHz per channel or 210 kHz total throughput across 4 IEPE channels;
• High 24-bit resolution analog input subsystem with direct IEPE signal conditioning;
• Optional AC/DC signal sampling ranges of +/-10 V with gains of 1 and 10;
• Ethernet (LXI Class C compliant) connection with wired trigger bus for synchronized expansion up to 64 IEPE channels;
• Complete ISO-Channel signal integrity with 1000 V galvanic isolation channel to channel;
• Full tachometer control for rotating machinery applications; and
• Shielded, rugged enclosure for noise immunity, 1U,
Software is included to configure the device, acquire and display data for the analog input channels, and log data to standard file formats for later analysis or viewing.
-Edited by Peter Welander, process industries editor, PWelander@cfemedia.com
Control Engineering Process Instrumentation & Sensors Monthly eNewsletter
Register here to select your choice of free eNewsletters.