Increase efficiency of industrial Ethernet network
The TurboPack software package from Moxa includes all new intelligent networking features to improve network redundancy, security, performance, and management. The software, designed to upgrade the product firmware of Moxa’s industrial managed Ethernet switches, reportedly gives the Ethernet infrastructure solutions of industrial mission-critical applications even higher network reliability and availability.
Specific improvements include:
• Flexible redundant networks: Turbo Chain enables the creation of any type of complex redundant connection.
• Future-proof networking: IPv6 next-generation industrial networking compliance provides extended IP address capability and advanced security to bridge to future networks.
• Seamless cooperation with automation: IEEE 1588 PTP protocol provides precise synchronization with industrial automation networks, while Modbus/TCP support provides real-time network monitoring from SCADA/HMI systems.
• Easy network management: Intelligent networking services include SNMP Inform for reliable event management, LLDP to achieve automated topology visualization, DHCP Option 82 to minimize system downtime through quick IP address allocation, and Firefox support to facilitate configuration via the Internet.
• Reliable network security: SSH enhances network security by transferring encrypted data over the Internet.
Vincent Liu, product line manager of Moxa’s industrial Ethernet infrastructure division , said, "With the release of TurboPack, customers can upgrade their current Moxa managed Ethernet switch and experience superb control of their network without delay."