Industrial connectivity platform with IIoT capabilities
Kepware’s KEPServerEX Version 6 is an industrial connectivity platform with enhanced core server functionality and an improved user experience. It builds on KEPServerEX Version 5, first released in 2009, and is truly enterprise-ready, IT-friendly, and secure. It enables optimized and streamlined data communications across the plant and around the world.
KEPServerEX Version 6 is designed to work with the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and features streamlined server deployment and maintenance, with integrated security to meet the needs of globally connected and standardized environments. New features include the following:
- Configuration API: REST-based API enables off-site users to make programmatic configuration changes to KEPServerEX via third-party applications.
- Localization: Core features and key drivers are now translated into German and Japanese, built on a foundation that enables more languages to be added in future versions.
- OPC UA: Native development of core OPC UA technology provides improved performance, robust diagnostics, and scalability.
- Licensing: Enhancements provide an improved experience for activating, maintaining, and managing licenses throughout the enterprise.
- User Experience: Updated interface streamlines project setup, deployment, and interaction with KEPServerEX for a more effective and efficient user experience.
- Security: Integration of the Security Policies advanced plug-in to core server functionality enables all users to assign security access permissions on individual objects based on user role.
www.controleng.com/products has additional products. Also see the product section in the November 2016 print/digital edition of Control Engineering.
Interested in introducing a product to the world here? Contact Mark T. Hoske, email@example.com.