Inspection software added to smart camera
Teledyne Dalsa launched its BOA Pro smart camera, which has the company’s Sherlock inspection software, resulting in a compact industrial vision solution with diverse applicability across all manufacturing industries.
BOA Pro applications are configured through a web browser via a standard Ethernet interface. During development, images from the camera are fed directly to the Sherlock GUI and commands from the program are executed directly on the camera. This methodology optimizes the user design experience while providing an accurate representation of runtime performance. A secondary interface is available through a standard web browser for device setup, runtime monitoring, and firmware updating. At runtime, BOA Pro runs autonomously and can be disconnected from the PC.
Features and benefits include:
- Advanced interface offers maximum design flexibility
- Field-proven tool set suits most applications
- Flexible industrial communications
- Support for custom operator interfaces
- Full-featured off-line emulator
- Tiny form factor ideal for tight-fit applications
- IP67 Enclosure withstands harsh environments
Teledyne Dalsa’s Sherlock inspection software provides a comprehensive set of vision tools and capabilities that can be applied to applications across all industries. Sherlock’s extensive library of instructions, preprocessors and advanced algorithms can be combined in a variety of ways to solve simple or very demanding tasks. Design flexibility is provided to allow users to customize algorithms, construct scripts and develop operator interfaces.
Teledyne Dalsa Inc.
– Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com