Linear motor system with configurable track and multiple movers
At Pack Expo, Beckhoff Automation showed off its new XTS (eXtended Transport System) that combines linear drive technology with a track system that can be configured into virtually any desired shape. The result is a transporter system with a flexible path that can cover almost any desired length, is controlled wirelessly, and driven by a single PC. The linear movers have no wired connection and multiple units can function independently on the same track.
Movers can perform a variety of functions:
• Accelerate, brake, position, and synchronize themselves
• Take absolute positions on the track or relative to other movers
• Move as groups or individually
• Create clamping force while moving
• Recover energy through regenerative braking, and
• Position accuracy is better than ±0.025 mm @ 1.5 m/s with repeatability < 10 µm.
Tracks can be assembled using a variety of pre-configured modules in any desired combinations.
Edited by Peter Welander, firstname.lastname@example.org